Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tuesday 6/29/2010: Increasing Difficulties

SETUP / EQUIPMENT:
- Olympic bar with weights in a squat box
- Pull-up bar
- 24" box

WORKOUT:
1) 10x hand stand push ups (place feet high on wall and do push-ups), 15x front squat @ 75# (hold the bar in front of you and do normal squats)
2) 20x pull-ups, 15x military press @ 75#
3) 30x burpees, 15x deadlift high pull @ 75# (pull the weight from deadlift position to just under the chin)
4) 40x V sit-ups, 15x regular squat @ 75#
5) 50x box jumps @ 24" box

DURATION:
- 15 - 20 minutes

COMMENTS:

This workout didn't seem like it was going to be all that much when I looked at the piece of paper this morning (I print off several weeks of workouts and keep them in my desk at work so I can just go in and grab a sheet every morning on my way to the gym), but once I got into the workout I found out that it was pretty intense after all.

I was feeling pretty good until the 30 burpees, and then I started to get tired pretty quickly. The 40 V sit-ups were uncommonly difficult this morning, and the 50 box jumps made for fun walking afterwards.

1 comment: