Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Hotel Room Fitness

Today I am on a business trip, and the hotel gym is being remodeled. So, that means my workout today had to be something I could do in the room. So, my first thought this morning was Tabata.

Maybe you've never heard of Tabata before, but here is what I know. The Tabata concept was of working out was developed by Izumi Tabata at the National Institute of Fitness and Sports in Tokyo, Japan. The concept is that you can get a good workout doing just about anything if you do the exercise for 4 minutes broken down into 8 reps of the following:
-- Exercise for 20 seconds + Rest for 10 seconds = 1 rep

So, today's inside-the-hotel room workout was:

Tabata Push-ups (rest in up push-up position)
Tabata Squats (rest in down squating position)
Tabata Flutter Kicks (rest with legs outstretched and 6-12" off the floor)

Just a short 12 minute workout, but it was a good one anyhow.

1 comment:

  1. wish you were home, but I am glad you got a workout in!

    ReplyDelete